Icon® Rear Hydraulic Bump Stop Kit
2005+ Toyota Tacoma
Looking to upgrade your rear bump stops? Are your stock rubber ones just not cutting it anymore during your harder wheeling sessions? Mid-Atlantic Off-Roading has the answer with Icon's® Bolt On Rear Hydraulic Bump Stop Kit.
We are so stoked on this kit because for most of us using mid-travel suspension we can finally use our maximum suspension travel!! Just bolt on a set of Icon's® rear hydraulic air bump stops to improve the on or off-road capabilities of your Tacoma. Icon's® race proven hydraulic air bump stops are tested, tried and true.
This vehicle specific tuned hydraulic air bump stop system offers both smooth engagement, maximum bottom resistance, and smooth controlled return while being used in extreme conditions. The true value to using a compression and rebound tuned bump stop is the exponentially increasing force is smooth, not abrupt or harsh like the OEM bump stop.
As part of the kit, Icon® includes an industry first selectable install height for the hydraulic air bump stop so up travel is not limited with use of an aftermarket thicker leaf pack. This allows you to upgrade your leaf springs down the road, and retain maximum up travel without having to purchase a new bump stop bracket kit.
Please note, this will require cutting off the factory bump stop mounts and some drilling! A garage lift would make the work easier, but if you're a total badass you could do it in your driveway. Be sure to always use caution when performing any work on your vehicle!
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Bolt-on design using existing holes in frame for clean install with no cutting or welding.
- User serviceable.
- Industry only Toyota Tacoma specific tune to maximize bottom out resistance while having smooth engagement as well as return.
- Absorbs additional impact energy over the OEM rubber bump stop and returns the axle in a more controlled manner.
- Industry only kit allowing adjustment for leaf pack height changes so up-travel is not lost.
- Can be returned to stock.
- Linear-digressive piston which compliment a bump stop over the industry standard linear-linear piston. Infinite tuning options with valve stack, oil volume, and nitrogen pressure adjustments.
- Anodized billet top cap, o-ring sealed back up cap, seal head and striker.
- CAD Plated body for corrosion free service.
- Urethane rod seal and wiper for long service life.